Monday, September 28, 2009

Excerpts from a Brother's Diary

To all siblings who love and value each other.

"
8th March, 2008    

"Long ago there were a few men and a few women. Someone built a room with four walls and a door. A woman went in and it was fun to lock her there. They called the room a kitchen and a man was called her master..."
-The Wrong Genesis   


My sister at times has an emotional breakdown when people ascertain over dad’s ear that he is unfortunate to have a daughter no matter how excellent she is. My dad usually ignores them; but that does not end it all. 'The Wrong Genesis' is her diary. 

I call my sweet sister a suicide salvo for this. One who explodes herself for reasons somebody else has to accept and understand. She keeps her ear keen when I speak. She loved me; even when they told dad that he was worthy to have me and not her.

“Examples, Examples"-I shout, should make things clear to you. “You don't cry sweetheart, take it easy. I am beside you" “…You don't understand". But this time a pat on her shoulder and a warm hug did not end it all. She kept weeping.

“Tell me sib, what have I done against their wishes? When have I seemed to intimidate my dad’s pockets?? What in the world makes them look at me as a burden?? I can do things as good as you do then, why...?" her questions were meaningful enough with obvious reasons. The salt of a tear blemished with bonds as strong as cheese.

"The evening sun is beautiful sis; we‘ll visit the beach. Wash your face and pick your best dress." I wanted to take her for a twilight jaunt. There I solicit her to be partial to the sunset and then I teach her to count the stars.

"I ll drive." she slipped the key off my hand. She drives splendid, although she is only seventeen; her wink asked my recognition. Her matter of facts, her perspectives. And I often gave her enough admiration. I knew she could do things as good as I could; perhaps better- if only somebody had given her a chance to break the taboo.

" ...The Genesis embarks the gender bigotry. We were stamped as the cause of  miseries. We were coined to be born from their ribs...

Was that why her diary portended the Genesis? There was no point in amending her.
It points to me that Feminists are bred, not born.

She was keen in watching the vivacious sunset, dancing to the odd tune of the wind.

...Today I changed it. I hit open the lock. I asked this woman to come out.
She was dim from the smoke and less beautiful. She sagged of the burden.And there are her daughters who had imbibed it all. Imbibed what they shouldn't have. Her nectar was uncouth, the vector herself.
Sad, they refused to come out and begged me to lock the door again.
I did; in pain; all in vain..."

I had one thought in mind.

Why are entities compared, when they cannot be chosen from ?
Why is gender discriminated when you cannot choose yours ?

   "
  

Why is gender discriminated when you cannot choose yours ? Why is then the taboo ? Comment.

4 comments:

rEstlEss mYstIc said...

"Why is gender discriminated when you cannot choose yours ?"

Xcellent n thotful sentence buddy.. Xpectin more such thot-provokin stuff frm ya.. Gud luck bro..! [:)]

Edward Jose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeeta said...

This is a commonly discussed topic but its refreshing to hear it from a guy... Keep up the grt work...

Anonymous said...

gr8 qoute...will always remember it...thank you.